The Boys’ Development Project (CIC) is a registered Social Enterprise and a company limited by guarantee (Number 7174935). Our main purpose is to increase boys’ and young men’s life options and achievement. We do this by:
- Developing effective projects and programmes targeted at boys and young men and their families;
- Providing consultancy and training to professionals who want to develop their work with boys, young men and their families;
- Carrying out research and investigations that will add to the growing body of knowledge and by carrying out evaluations of projects targeting boys and young men.
About the Boys’ Development Project
You can find out further information on the Boys’ Development Project by visiting the different areas of our website, which are summarised below. Click on the headings to navigate to a page, or use the navigation menu above.
- Projects, consultancy and training - To see what we are currently delivering and what is in the process of being developed.
- Downloadable reports - Project reports of interest to those working with boys and young men.
- Resources - Our first two publications, Discipline and Boys Who are Under Five (a brief guide) and Boys into Schools are targeted at mothers with sons (available in PDF and as booklets), and our new factsheets, Boys and Screens and Boys and ADHD.
- ABC 0-5 Professionals - The About Boys Course ABC 0-5, is a 4 session (8 hour) programme targeting mothers who have sons. This page is for professionals interested in buying in or delivering this programme.
- ABC 0-5 FOR Mothers - This page is for mothers who are interested in issues related to their sons.
- Boys Into School - The Boys into School Project (BiS) is a new initiative that aims to make sure that boys have the skills they will need to make the successful transition into school.
- Contact us - What we can offer, how to contact us and links to other sites.
- Evaluation report for the first year of Stand Out Boys Project (click here to download)
- Evaluation report of our ABC Programme (click here to download)
- Boys Development Project third annual report (click here to download)
- Boys Development Project summary of accounts 2012-13 (click here to download) and full accounts (click here to download)
- New Training dates for ABC 0-5 and 5-11 in London (2014)
We currently have three consultants:
- Trefor Lloyd: email@example.com
- Neil Davidson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon Forrest: email@example.com
(For a full profile of each consultant, click on the download image next to each name)