The Boys’ Development Project (CIC) is a registered Social Enterprise and a company limited by guarantee (Number 7174935). Our main purpose is to increase boys’ and young men’s life options and achievement. We do this by:
- Developing effective projects and programmes targeted at boys and young men and their families;
- Providing consultancy and training to professionals who want to develop their work with boys, young men and their families;
- Carrying out research and investigations that will add to the growing body of knowledge and by carrying out evaluations of projects targeting boys and young men.
About the Boys’ Development Project
You can find out more about the Boys’ Development Project by visiting the different areas of our website, which are summarised below. Click on the headings to navigate to a page, or use the navigation menu above.
- Consultancy and training – Information on consultancy and training available.
- Downloadable reports – Project reports of interest to those working with boys and young men.
- Resources – Our first two publications, Discipline and Boys Who are Under Five (a brief guide) and Boys into Schools are targeted at parents with sons (available in PDF and as booklets), and our new factsheets, Boys and Screens and Boys and ADHD.
- ABC 0-5 Professionals – The About Boys Course ABC 0-5, is a 4 session (8 hour) programme targeting parents who have sons. This page is for professionals interested in buying in or delivering this programme.
- ABC 0-5 – This page is for parents who are interested in issues related to their sons.
- Stand Out Boys – This project targets boys in reception, who ‘stand out’ and are finding it difficult to settle into school. The aim is to help them develop the skills they need to get the most from the classroom and reduce their risk of underachievement.
- Boys Into School – The Boys into School Project (BiS) is a new initiative that aims to make sure that boys have the skills they will need to make the successful transition into school.
- Blog – The Boys Development Project blog will provide news and discussion starters.
- Contact us – What we can offer, how to contact us and links to other sites.
- Screens and under 5’s (Information sheet for parents)
- Screens and under 5’s (extended information sheet for parents and early years professionals)
- ABC Course details – October 2019 (click here to download)
- ABC Course application form (click here to download)
- Boys Development Project eighth annual report (click here to download)
- Boys Development Project summary of accounts 2018-19 (click here to download) and full accounts (click here to download).
We currently have three consultants:
- Trefor Lloyd: email@example.com or 07788781759
- Neil Davidson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon Forrest: email@example.com
(For a full profile of each consultant, click on the download image next to each name)